[jsr372-experts] Improve UISelectMany to find Converter based on first non-null UISelectItem when type is java.util.Collection

From: Bauke Scholtz <balusc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:56:44 +0200

Hi,

See https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1422.

Currently,
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/faces/component/UISelectMany.html
states
that it won't make any attempt to obtain the converter when the value is of
type java.util.Collection.

It is technically however possible to obtain it anyway by inspecting the
first non-null select item. MyFaces has this already implemented and I find
it's a good idea to improve the spec accordingly.

This should save the effort of explicitly declaring the converter by name
and rely on forClass.

If there are no objections, I will take care of it for 2.3.

Cheers, B