[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: JSF_SPEC-1 Multi-field validation proposal

From: Kito Mann <kito.mann_at_virtua.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:34:40 -0500

While we're on the subject, is there a way to provide a handler to do the
actual validation instead of handling it via Bean Validation? So basically
the method would just get a reference to all of the validation constraints?

I know there is strong interest in using Bean Validation for all new cases,
but to be quite honest, many of my clients don't use it. We really should
have proper hooks for alternative methods (sometimes validation is handled
completely in the back-end, perhaps driven by a rules engine).

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Web Components/Polymer, JSF/Java EE, and Liferay training and consulting
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com |
http://www.JSFCentral.com | @jsfcentral
+1 203-998-0403

* Upcoming JavaOne 2015 talks on JSF, MVC, and Web Components:
http://bit.ly/1jvLRse
* Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast: *http://
<http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/JSFNewscast/>enterprisejavanews.com
<http://ww.enterprisejavanews.com>*