[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: Please Review: JSF 2.3 EDR draft

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 20:43:39 -0500

Hi

Here is my review. I did it as complete as possible. Thanks for provide the
links.

- Multi-field Validation <f:validateWholeBean />

I feel unconfortable about this:

"... This tag must be placed in the component tree after all of the fields
that are to be included in the multi-field validation. If this precondition
is not met, the results of applying this tag are unspecified. ..."

It is clear the reason of the statement: before the validation it is
necessary to be sure that all fields have their values assigned.

But it would be better if the validation is done as part of the parent
UIForm instance. If there is an input component, there is always an UIForm
instance in the component hierarchy. It sounds better to "subscribe" a
component instance to the parent UIForm (an special facet for UIForm? or an
special "validator" attached object?).

It is also not clear what happens when an ajax request is performed. Please
note <f:validateWholeBean /> does not have an id, but there is a underlying
UIInput instance mentioned in the javadoc. The problem is if by coincidence
the UIInput instance is inside a part that does some partial validation,
the validation code will be activated, even if the request performs a
partial validation over the form.

- ui:repeat supports Map and Iterable

UIData javadoc does not mention anything. IterableDataModel does not
mention anything too.
The relevant section that should be updated in the spec is
UIData.getValue() to include java.util.Map and IterableDataMode

- DataModel implementations can be registered

Annotation javadoc of FacesDataModel is ok, but where is the javadoc that
describe how a UIData instance uses the DataModel? Again some documentation
on UIData.getValue() is required (use
getFacesContext().getApplication().... to do some magic).

- Add “disabled” attribute for h:button

Added but not marked in orange color.

- Document UIData.setRowStatePreserved() in VDLDoc and Render
Kit Doc

ui:repeat does not still have rowStatePreserved like UIData (it should!).
(why UIRepeat is not part of javax.faces.component package?).

regards,

Leonardo Uribe