[jsr372-experts] Re: [JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1225] DISCUSSION - What to say about BCP47 Support?

From: manfred riem <manfred.riem_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 09:59:56 -0500

Hi all,

OK after reviewing the parsing of <default-locale> / <supported-locales>
it appears that we allow an additional separator which BCP 47 does not
allow. So my proposal here is to mandate the BCP 47 is used, but if no
language is found in the parsed Locale then to default back to the old
algorithm and use it to get the Locale.

I'll go ahead with adding that to the Javadoc and specification in the
relevant sections if nobody objects before 8/9.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Manfred Riem