[jsr372-experts] Re: JS implementation of JSF

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:25:07 -0700

CC> Hi,
CC> Mostly for fun, Im working on a crazy but interesting concept that implements the core idea of JSF on client side. Main parts of JSF like beans, components, el and lifecycle are all javascript objects.

CC> Ive done a proof of concept implementation today as well, jsfiddle is at;

Considering the serious fragmentation of the JavaScript framework space,
I have a hard time seeing how this can compete against Angular2 or
ReactJS. The only way I can see this taking off is if there is an
automated migration path from traditional JSF apps. And if such a thing
can be built, I would guess that a more appealing migration target would
be to a more established JS framework.

On the other hand, I'll note that the above mentioned fragmentation was
also very commonplace in the domain of JavaServer web frameworks before
JSF came along, indicating that an open standard is still possible in
the space. The only contender I see is W3C web components.

Ed