[jsr372-experts] Vaadin and Web Components

From: Kito Mann <kito.mann_at_virtua.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 10:16:30 -0400

Hello everyone,

I just realized I sent this message to the wrong address a couple of weeks
ago:

I'm working on a workshop on web components <http://webcomponents.org/>for
DevNexus, and I came across this video from Joonas Lehtinen, founder of
Vaadin: Vaadin X and Web Components
<https://www.parleys.com/talk/vaadin-x-web-components>. I highly recommend
that everyone on the EG watch this talk. I've been keenly interested in web
components, and I think they could very well be the future of the web. I
also recognize that they're in many ways the client-side version of JSF's
core value proposition. I haven't quite figured out the best way to
integrate them with JSF, but it's clear that Joonas and company have done a
lot more work in this space. Their progress should definitely food for
thought as we evolve JSF.

If you're going to DevNexus, Joonas will be giving this talk there as well.
I won't be at the show that day, though...
___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com <http://www.jsfcentral.com/> | @jsfcentral