[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] [1372-RevisitFaceletTaglibHandlerClass] Discussion

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:50:45 -0500

Hi

There are some examples where you really need to override the tag handler.

For example tomahawk t:dataTable :

        <tag-name>dataTable</tag-name>
        <component>
            <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.HtmlDataTable</component-type>
            <renderer-type>org.apache.myfaces.Table</renderer-type>
            <handler-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTableTagHandler</handler-class>
        </component>

The tag handler do some special internal processing. I'm sure there
are other components out there with similar behavior. The reason is
you usually need to add a couple of lines to process attributes with
MethodExpression instances. There is no other alternative.

EB>> On balance, I am inclined to take no additional spec action and fix the
EB>> impl bug mentioned in item 3. If the volunteer group has some
EB>> additional support to revert the change, I'm open to being convinced.

I have to say fix that (align the code with the xsd) will break a lot
of code (well as soon as the facelet-taglib is set to 2.2). The xsd
should be fixed instead.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe