[jsr372-experts] Re: Url mapping

From: Frank Caputo <frank_at_frankcaputo.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 20:51:30 +0100

Hi Ed,

I think, the only thing, the servlet spec can do for us (and for MVC), is supporting the JAX-RS @Path syntax somehow. This syntax should be available for servlet mappings. Then it could be parsed by the servlet implementation directly. Now the parsed parameters should be made available similar to query parameters:
- Iterable<String> ServletRequest.getPathParameterNames()
- String getPathParameter(String name)
- Map<String, String> getPathParameterMap()

We also need to know the mapping to map to the view or what MVC wants to map to:
- ServletRequest.getMapping()

Ciao Frank