[jsr372-experts] Fwd: [jsr371-experts] Re: ACTION: Vote on Controller Layering

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:33:58 -0800

FC> this one came up in the MVC 1.0 EG.

FC> The question is: should we try to get support from Servlet 4.0 for
FC> some url mapping stuff?

Considering that this is the first JSF release ever where we can
actually depend on new features in the in-progress Servlet spec rather
than restricting ourselves to the previous release, I think the time is
very ripe for this and other cross-spec things.

The other one, of course, is HTTP/2 server push.

I know there was some discussion here on the 1099-defautFacesMapping
thread, but if someone could summarize with a concrete proposal, that
would help immensely.

Ed