[jsr372-experts] Re: 1099-ViewsInDedicatedFolder

From: Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 07:33:05 -0500

Arjan-

I agree that the mapping of the Faces Servlet could be a point of
uncertainty for new JSF users. I also agree that promoting an easier path
for this mapping would make it even easier to use JSF as a newcomer.

I like the default mapping of *.xhtml for >= 2.3. In my opinion, this
could just become the default, and users should always have the ability to
override it by specifying a different mapping in the XML, if needed.

I am also on-board with your idea of providing a new option to place the
JSF views into a designated folder so that the runtime could safely map
them. If such a solution were to be added to JSF, then I like the idea of
treating this just like the resource library contracts "contracts" folder.

Overall, +1 with your ideas.

Thanks

Josh Juneau
juneau001_at_gmail.com