[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Re: Expert Group Meeting @ JavaOne

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 23:46:17 -0500

Hi

+1 for url mapping/rewriting. It is just something too useful to ignore.

+1 for make a better javascript library for jsf.

The list of problems with the current jsf.js file that comes to my mind are:

- It is not possible to override or extend jsf.js. Tool vendors cannot
customize this part, or they just bypass it and implement its own
javascript api, which at the end cause incompatibility problems
between javascript components. The most common case is all ajax
request should be send through a queue, so the state does not get
broken.
- Lack of callbacks on custom ajax request.
- Lack of a standard way to initialize jsf javascript (set properties
like development/production mode and other flags, but in a global
way).
- No standard way to define which javascript files should be loaded first.

But before continue talking in this thread, shouldn't we create
separate threads to discuss each feature we want to include in JSF
2.3? There is a lot of things to discuss, but it is important to keep
focus on the ones that receive most attention or the topics that are
more relevant for the scope of the new spec.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe