[jsr372-experts] Re: [1311-FacesContextCDI] Let CDI handle #{facesContext}

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 17:34:26 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM, manfred riem <manfred.riem_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>> I wouldn't be surprised if there is code out there that assumes the
>> instance returned by FacesContext.getCurrentInstance() is *NOT* a
>> proxy. If so, that code will likely break. Do we care about that?
>> Personally, yes, I do care about that. Does anyone else think this is a
>> risk?
>
> And that assumption won't change. The FacesContext.getCurrentInstance() call
> still returns the same thing. The #{facesContext} expression returns the
> proxy.

Indeed, code that currently uses FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
will see no differences whatsoever, as it will return the same old
regular instance that has always been returned.

For those situations where a FacesContext is passed along that was
originally obtained by resolving #{facesContext} or by injection via
"@Inject FacesContext context;" there will thus be a proxy, but I
wonder if code is really capable of seeing any real difference.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms