[jsr372-experts] Re: [ADMIN] Welcome to JSF 2.3

From: Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_liferay.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:44:36 -0400

Dear friends of JSF,

My name is Neil Griffin (ngriffin7a) and I live in the Orlando, FL area about 25km from Ed Burns. My avatar can be seen here:
https://github.com/ngriffin7a

I work for Liferay, Inc. and I am the team lead on the Liferay Faces project:
http://www.liferay.com/community/liferay-projects/liferay-faces

I was an early adopter of JSF 1.x in 2003/2004 and was a beta-tester for Sun's Java Studio Creator IDE.

While attending JavaOne 2005, I attended a (standing room only) presentation by Stan Silvert titled "How to Build Killer Portlets Using JavaServer Faces Technology", a summary of which can be found about 2/3 down on this page:
http://www.theserverside.com/news/1377158/TheServerSide-at-JavaOne-2005-Day-3

Stan's inspiring presentation helped set my career path working with JSF and portlets.

I've had the privilege of working with many of you on JSR 314/344 and look forward to working with you all on JSR 372.

Best Regards to all,

Neil