[jsr344-experts] Re: aria-required and aria-invalid

From: Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:40:08 -0400

On 3/25/13 5:53 PM, Kito Mann wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> There are a couple of ARIA attributes that may not be easily handled
> via pass-through attributes, and I'm thinking they should probably be
> added to all of the standard form controls: aria-required [1] and
> aria-invalid [2].

Shouldn't the standard renderers simply render these attributes
automatically without requiring the page author to specify any
passthrough attributes?

> I'm beginning to think an assessment of the standard controls for ARIA
> would be helpful...

Yep. In cases where ARIA attributes have a reasonable mapping to
existing component-level properties (eg. aria-required can be mapped to
<h:inputText>'s required attribute, aria-invalid can be mapped to the
EditableValueHolder's valid state), we should enhance the standard
Renderers to automatically render the ARIA attributes.

For other cases, seems like passthrough attributes are the way to go.

Andy