[jsr344-experts] Re: [730-Flows] Return node handling

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:25:31 -0800

[...]

LU> I don't get these lines. In theory flowDocumentId to use should be the
LU> parent flow flowDocumentId. So, if the node is a ReturnNode, it should
LU> take the outcome, and try to resolve it under the parent flow and if
LU> it resolves to something else the parent flowDocumentId should be
LU> used.

The idea is to allow returning to the parent flow with an outcome that
the parent flow is not prepared to handle. We must account for that
case, and we follow the lead of ADF Task Flows there by specifying that
in that case we just show the last view displayed by that flow.

LU> I still don't see clearly the usefulness of setReturnMode(false). In
LU> my opinion it is an internal condition of the navigation algorithm,
LU> so it should not be on FlowHandler. But maybe this method is
LU> suggesting that we need another class to calculate the next node in
LU> a flow given the current context but without affect that
LU> context. Something that can "simulate" things like enter into a flow
LU> or return from a flow and get the next current flow.

I really want to avoid introducing any other classes. I argued in favor
of setReturnMode() in my response to your other email, please respond on
that over there.

Thanks,

Ed