[jsr344-experts] [ADMIN] Spec snapshot 20120727

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:07:26 -0700

Hello Experts,

You've no doubt noticed my .signature counting down the days until I
deliver a snapshot of the Public Review Draft (PRD) milestone of the
specification to this list. Well, that counter reached zero on Tuesday,
and here is a draft of the specification, but it's *not* the PRD
version.

http://java.net/projects/javaserverfaces-spec-public/downloads/download/JSF_2_2/spec_snapshots/javax.faces-api-2.2-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar

A similar jar will also be uploaded as tonight's nightly spec snapshot
(but the one on maven.java.net will not have the PDF in it).

After looking into 1089-PassThroughAttributes and
1090-PassThroughElements, I have come to the conclusion that HTML5 is
almost as important to JSF 2.2 as Ajax was to JSF 2.0. Not quite as
important, but still important.

I'd like to see what you all think about adding enough time to the
schedule to get 1090-PassThroughElements done correctly for JSF 2.2.

I expect another two or three months should be enough, including time to
tighten up the other loose ends.

ACTION: Please respond with your opinion of this schedule change.

Thanks,

Ed

| homepage:               | http://ridingthecrest.com/
|  0 Business days til JSF 2.2 Public Review to EG
---^^^ This email represents a sort of fulfilment of this promise