[jsr344-experts] Re: [1089-PassThroughAttributes] JSON dependency: OK?

From: Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:58:50 -0400

On 6/28/12 9:29 AM, Kito Mann wrote:
> I think this is probably worth it, since there are so few dependencies
> already. One of my clients does some custom JSON parsing; they were
> using the libraries that ship with WAS, but now they use the ones
> included with PrimeFaces. However, I've worked with several clients
> that wouldn't go down that path.

Fortunately, jsr-353 is addressing exactly this use case. Not sure
whether JSF should itself force this dependency now, or hold off a bit
until jsr-353 is integrated into the Java EE platform. Of course, if
jsr-353 isn't going to make it for Java EE7, I would be more tempted to
force the dependency.

Andy