[jsr344-experts] Re: Re: Welcome to the JSF Specification Expert Group

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 07:12:47 -0700

FC> I'm still trying to find something, but it will be faster, if you
FC> just tell me where help is needed most, so I can quickly dive into
FC> it.

EB-> There's basically three issues I want to get done before the Public
EB-> Review Draft

EB-> - 730 Flows

EB-> - 971 MultiTemplating

Frank, as soon as one starts thinking about 971-Multitemplating, one
runs quickly into Jakob Korherr's 947-RelativeResourceHandler. We made
some progress on this but I had to put it aside for other work deemed
more important.

Frank, can you please take a look at 947-RelativeResourceHandler and
send me a private mail with a proposal for discussion, which I will
refine and quickly, AND TRANSPARENTLY, turn around and send to the EG?
In the name of transparency, you may CC, the EG if you must on this
initial mail, but I feel doing so would unnecessarily muddy the
discussion, considering my promise to have the "real" discussion on the
EG. If you do Cc the EG on this private mail to me, please make it
clear that the EG should not reply to the mail and instead wait for the
one that actually calls for discussion.

Basically, the latest on the issue is that we need to craft the feature
in light of a simplifying assumption that only prefix-mapped resources
are supported.

Thanks,

Ed