[jsr344-experts] Re: Re: [949-WindowId] Best place to specify creating the windowId?

From: Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:55:47 -0400

Hi Ed,

I had assumed that JSF 2.2 would provide a @WindowScoped annotation and a corresponding ExternalContext.getWindowMap() method.

But I see in the proposal [1] the following sentence:

"This proposal doesn't propose a new Scope"

So please ignore my comment below about ExternalContext.getWindowMap() for now. When it's time to discuss scopes built on the WindowID API (whether JSF or CDI), I might chime-in again then.

Best Regards,

Neil

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYFACES/WindowId+Proposal