[jsr344-experts] Re: Service Tracker contribution from RichFaces

From: Neil Griffin <neil.griffin_at_portletfaces.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:37:03 -0500

Hi Brian,

The ServiceTracker concept was first proposed by Alexandr Smirnov [1] when we were thinking about doing a BridgeFactoryFinder similar to the one found in the JSF API [2]. I recommend that everyone on JSR 344 take a look at Alexander's post.

The JSR-329-NEXT folks (Mike Freedman, Ken Finnigan, and myself) thought that if the ServiceTracker concept were part of JSF 2.2, then we could simply utilize it within JSF 2.2 compatible bridge implementations.

Best Regards,

Neil

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PORTLETBRIDGE-189?focusedCommentId=13009307&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13009307
[2] http://javaserverfaces.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/javadocs/javax/faces/FactoryFinder.html