[jsr344-experts] Re: window-id proposal (JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-949)

From: Ted Goddard <ted.goddard_at_icesoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:36:48 -0700

This looks very interesting -- it would make sense to include a
@WindowScoped annotation if the ID is available.

Does the implementation use HTML5 Session Storage if that's available?

One feature of the ICEfaces WindowScope is immediate cleanup when the
window is closed, but the implementation of this makes use of a
request sent during onunload, and I would say that this strategy
is not solid enough for the JSF standard. However, even if the
scope is not disposed immediately when desired, it would still
be useful in applications (so I'm arguing that we should define
@WindowScoped even if not all aspects of the scope are perfect.)
(Session termination would effectively be relied on for cleanup.)

Cheers,
Ted.