[jsr344-experts] Re: [985-Session-lessResourceUrlEncoding] Discussion

From: Alexander Smirnov <alsmirnnov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:01:35 -0800

There was a problem with JSF resources that skip call to
ExternalContext#encodeResourceUrl. To deal with that, I had to create a
solution that I don't like - wrap ResourceHandler with portlet-specific
implementation that wraps all resources with portlet-specific wrapper that
explicitly call #encodeResourceUrl. That was a problem if Resource did also
call this method.
In the old richfaces library, we solver this problem by special
'requiresSession' flag in Resource that tells framework whether it has to
call HttpServletResponse#encodeUrl.

--
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem,