[jsr344-experts] Re: Partial state saving + tree visiting

From: Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:07:58 -0400

On 8/1/11 11:15 PM, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
> Yes. I can do the necessary changes on MyFaces side.

Great, thanks Leo.

I have logged the following spec issue to track this:

http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1028

> Until this moment
> there was no reason why change the code (see previous discussion), but
> if there is some use cases where do this is useful, it is no problem.
> After all we already have SKIP_ITERATION hint and
> javax.faces.IS_SAVING_STATE (In 2.1.x branch).

Right.

> I think we should implement javax.faces.IS_SAVING_STATE FacesContext
> attribute in 2.0.x to make it work correctly, is it correct?

Seems like we would either want to do that, or I suppose MyFaces could
introduce the tree visit based approach in 2.1 only (where the
IS_SAVING_STATE constant is available).

Andy