users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Re: Java EE Security API

From: reza_rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 06:39:27 -0400

FYI I have seen near universal support for adding Java EE Security to the Web Profile on social media. You should consult with David - most of that is directed to him.
Like I said before, I hope this doesn't wind up becoming yet another strange committee decision that's hard to explain to the real world for years.
Surely other people on these aliaes have an opinion on this that's not too difficult to take a few minutes to share?
-------- Original message --------From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com> Date: 4/12/17 7:27 PM (GMT-05:00) To: jsr366-experts_at_javaee-spec.java.net Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Java EE Security API
Fellow experts,

We've been receiving some good feedback on the users list
(jsr366-users_at_javaee-spec.java.net) regarding the inclusion of the
Java EE Security API.  I hope all of you have been following the
discussion.  If not, the users list archives are here:
https://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/lists/users/archive/2017-04/thread/1

In short, support for including the Java EE Security API in the full
platform has been unanimous, but there has been some disagreement as
to whether the Security API should be included as part of the Web
Profile, largely due to its dependence on JASPIC.

I would appreciate if you would weigh in on this issue.

thanks,

-Linda