users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] GlassFish 5 Updates

From: Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 07:22:05 -0600

I was looking at the GlassFish 5.0 nightly builds (
http://download.oracle.com/glassfish/5.0/nightly/) and there does not seem
to be much activity. Since many of the specifications already have
milestone or early access releases, I was hoping to see some movement on
GlassFish 5.0 sometime soon so that the community can begin to work with
Java EE 8 as it is in active progress without pulling in each spec
separately.

We can certainly use the Payara-5 branch, but if GlassFish 5.0 is moving
forward then I think it would be a great sign of Java EE 8 progress if
there were nightly builds available to the public containing some of the
spec updates. Are there plans to start including the latest spec updates
in GlassFish 5.0 anytime soon?

Thanks

Josh Juneau
juneau001_at_gmail.com