users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jpa-spec users] Re: Triggering section 3.2.2.4 (Unresponsive or inactive spec lead) for JPA

From: reza_rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 08:31:16 -0500

Looping in the Java EE 8 JSR folks on this. If this worries you, please voice your views?
-------- Original message --------From: reza_rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com> Date: 11/30/16 8:27 AM (GMT-05:00) To: users_at_jpa-spec.java.net Subject: [jpa-spec users] Re: Triggering section 3.2.2.4 (Unresponsive or inactive spec lead) for JPA
While I am not an EG member, I wholly support this effort. I hope EG members - especially major JPA vendors - will step up. JPA is a very important specification to the community and industry.
-------- Original message --------From: Oliver Gierke <ogierke_at_pivotal.io> Date: 11/29/16 5:30 AM (GMT-05:00) To: users_at_jpa-spec.java.net Subject: [jpa-spec users] Triggering section 3.2.2.4 (Unresponsive or inactive spec lead) for JPA
Hi all,

another month has passed [0] with out any feedback to previous requests about the plans for what JPA in JavaEE 8 is supposed to look like. We've seen another document released [1], yet another community survey finished [2], but no information of the spec lead since June 2015. I've already documented the sad state of non-responses in a previous email but let me copy that here for reference.

Repeated requests about the state of JPA but no response form the specification lead:

- June, 3rd 2015 (!) - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/jsr338-experts/archive/2015-06/message/0
- December, 3rd 2015 - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/jsr338-experts/archive/2015-12/message/0
- April, 29th 2016 - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/jsr338-experts/archive/2016-04/message/0

Same picture on the users list:

- September 7th, 2016 - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/users/archive/2016-09/message/0

After another month has passed now, I'd like to trigger the process for section 3.2.2.4 [3] of the JCP Process document. We need two other members of the EG, to officially request the PMO to bring that topic up with Oracle and investigate the state of affairs. That might lead to replacement of the spec lead but doesn't have to. So far, I've experienced Lukas to do a great job, *when he actually had the time to do so*.

If two other members of the EG stepped up to back that request, I'd forward this email to the JCP PMO and let them take it from there.

Cheers,
Ollie

[0] https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/users/archive/2016-10/message/2
[1] https://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/lists/jsr366-experts/archive/2016-11/message/0