users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Proposed Optionality of CORBA / IIOP interop

From: <hirofumi.iwasaki_at_rakuten.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:03:41 +0000 (UTC)

Let me send my opinion to users_at_javaee-spec because I'm not a member of
experts. Thanks.

--
Hi Linda,
CORBA is still using among the big enterprise, especially for the
financial industry
including our financial companies. We’re still using the RMI-IIOP among
the core data relationship between some data store using XA protocol
with two-phase commit “global transaction” style, for keeping data ACID
property.
I understand the introp supports are provided by each application
server,
but also understand the impact of the standard change of Java EE.
If the support style are changed to optional, some vendors might change
their interoperability support via RMI-IIOP including XA.
REST is good for light weight systems or new and integrated data store
system,
but lack of standard XA global transaction functions which are needed
in larger
enterprise systems. SOAP can be operated with “optional”
WS-AtomicTransaction,
but failed to be a standard among real enterprise.
I recognized the Java "enterprise edition” power is also aligned to
large enterprise systems,
and I believe the CORBA support is (unfortunately) still the key factor
of it.
If changed to optional, it might broadcast misunderstandable
information to
some industries including financial.
Thanks,
--
Hirofumi Iwasaki
Financial Services Department, DU, Rakuten, Inc.