users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] semantics of metadata-complete

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:28:42 -0700

One of the items that needs to be made clearer in our specs is the
meaning of a "true" value for the metadata-complete attribute, as we
have noticed that people seem to get confused as to its exact meeting
with regard to annotation scanning.

The intent here is not to not process all annotations, but rather to
not process those annotations that are covered by the metadata of the
deployment descriptors that specify metadata-complete.

I've attached below proposed clarifications for the Java EE 8 Platform
spec, which covers the application client descriptor, as well as for
the EJB spec, with the goal of making this more precise. We are also
planning similar clarifications for the Servlet spec.

Please let me know if you see any problems.

thanks,

-Linda