users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Compatibility Problems with MR Resource Annotation Widening

From: Jason Greene <jason.greene_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:04:41 -0600

> On Mar 5, 2015, at 4:55 PM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Well, I never said there weren't bugs in the RI! :-)
>
> Essentially the same thing works fine for me if I use a Servlet instead
> of an EJB. Why does it work in one case and not the other? I have no
> idea. If you change your example to use java:app, does it work?

As some one pointed out off-list, my example is broken because there is a proxy (since its ApplicationScoped).

Looking into the weld history, it turns out that the CDI RI did subsequently add everything (method support etc) except for the class annotations bit.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat