users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Clarification Requested: Default DB required for App Client?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:25:03 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Jason Greene <jason.greene_at_redhat.com>wrote:

> Since the spec does not exclude the app client container from the default
> datasource requirement, it seems like this is required. The TCK also
> includes a few tests with this expectation. However, I am wondering if this
> was intentional. It seems a little strange to require that all EE clients
> have a local database running.

It doesn't have any official value of course, but when I created the
corresponding JIRA issue for this at
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVAEE_SPEC-4 I certainly didn't had the app
client container in mind. Maybe I have missed it, but I don't think it was
discussed in any of the subsequent discussion either.

P.s. I think the current concept of the app client container is a bit
outdated and could do with some updates, but that's another issue.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms