users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: Question about ejb modules

From: JJ Snyder <j.j.snyder_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:05:27 -0400

John,
cdi 1.1 spec mentions libraries in a couple of places:

Section 5.1 Modularity

Beans and their clients may be deployed in modules in a module
architecture such as the Java EE environment. In a module
architecture, certain modules are considered bean archives. In the Java
EE module architecture, any Java EE module or library
is a module. The Java EE module or library is a bean archive if it
contains a beans.xml file, as defined in Section 12.1.

Section 12.1 Bean archives
When determining which archives are bean archives, the container must
consider:
Library jars, EJB jars or application client jars

In an application deployed as an ear, the container searches every bean
archive bundled with or referenced by the ear, including
bean archives bundled with or referenced by wars, EJB jars and rars
contained in the ear. The bean archives might be library
jars, EJB jars or war WEB-INF/classes directories.

An embeddable EJB container searches each bean archive in the JVM
classpath that is listed in the value of the embeddable
container initialization property javax.ejb.embeddable.modules, or every
bean archive in the JVM classpath if the
property is not specified. The bean archives might be directories,
library jars or EJB jars.

JJ