users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: [jsr345-experts] Bean Validation aligment in EE 7 (was [jsr345-experts] Bean Validation support for EJBs?)

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:55:51 +0100

Hum... Werner, what you are saying is very important : is the EE EG clearly
saying "we will not update JAX-WS because it's being replaced by JAX-RS" ?
Prunning a technologie has a strong meaning but what do we want to say
about JAX-WS (and JSP) ? "it's not prunned but we are not updating it" ?

I think we should agree on the future of JAX-WS (and why not JSP) and
express it loudly to the community. But it will be strange to have method
level validation, injection, interception work in every spec, except JAX-WS