users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] In reference the logging suggestion on _at_experts

From: <grobmeier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:23:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I just read:

http://antoniogoncalves.org/2012/09/06/i-need-you-for-logging-api-spec-
lead/

I am member of the Apache Logging project and thus have a good insight
on the implementation log4j and others.

In the mentioned blog post Antonio says log4j is not updated. But this
is wrong. log4j 2 has been reeleased in version 2.0. This is a major
step forward since it does address many issues which are important to
the JEE world.

Ralph Goers was the main driver of this implementation. In my opinion
he is an incredible team player and excellent developer who thought
about the new log4j API for I think 3 yrs. For german speakers, I wrote
an article on it in the current JavaMagazin.

Therefore I would like to suggest that you ask him directly if he would
become the specification lead as he has - in my opinion - the one of
the best understanding of logging requirements.

If this JSR is accepted, I will gladly join the efforts too.
Furthermore I might think that others in the Apache Logging project are
interested the same way.

Personally I think a standard would be to our all benefit.

That all being said I want to express this e-mail is a personal one
which expresses my own view and not the view of the Apache Logging
project. Others at Apache logging might think different and I am not
sure if Ralph is available for such a role.

Best regards,
Christian