users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Logs. Should we finally do something ?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:12:35 +0200

Good idea.

It's too late this year, but if it's succesful, either that Spec Lead,
yourself or both clearly could deserve a JCP Award nomination, too[?]

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Antonio Goncalves <
antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> He's based in Switzerland, but I am not sure, if he is JCP Member or
>> interested in this kind of thing.
>>
>> If you could get his support or participation in a Logging JSR, this
>> sounds like a great idea, to get things right.
>> While it almost replicated some JavaEE aspects like JSF Bean Converters
>> (without JSF Context) and has a "light" version of JSR-310 somewhat similar
>> to the Fantom language (which as mentioned also offers modularity) JavaFX
>> currently has no Logging functionality other than most likely using JDK
>> Logging internally. A neutral and improved Logging JSR could therefore
>> benefit not only EE and App Servers, but also Rich Clients in JavaFX and
>> Mobile Solutions, if Java ever gains enough momentum there again...?[?]
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>>
>> Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead
>>
>> Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR
>> Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil
>>
>> * Chip-to-Cloud Security Forum: September 19 2012, Nice, French Riviera.
>> Werner Keil, JCP Executive Committee, JSR-321 EG Member will present
>> "Trusted Computing API for Java™"
>>
>> * Eclipse Day Delft: September 27 2012, Delft, Netherlands. Werner Keil,
>> Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Triple-E
>> class Continuous Delivery with Hudson, Maven and Mylyn"
>>
>> * JavaOne: September 30-October 4 2012, San Francisco, USA. Werner Keil, JCP
>> Executive Committee will represent "Eclipse UOMo, STEM, and JSRs involved
>> in, e.g. 331 or JCP.next"
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Antonio Goncalves <
>> antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Markus,
>>>
>>> I think everybody agrees that having a standard API for logging is
>>> important (and with multi tenant in the way, it would really make sense for
>>> Java EE 7). But the problem is "who would be ready to start a new JSR on
>>> logging" ? I don't personally know the developers behind JUL, Log4j, SLF4J
>>> or Logback... but they would be awesome candidates.
>>>
>>> Antonio

>>> --
>>> Antonio Goncalves
>>> Software architect and Java Champion
>>>
>>> Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/agoncal>|
>>> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal> | Paris JUG<http://www.parisjug.org> |
>>> Devoxx France <http://www.devoxx.fr>
>>>

> --
> Antonio Goncalves
> Software architect and Java Champion
>
> Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/agoncal>|
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal> | Paris JUG<http://www.parisjug.org> |
> Devoxx France <http://www.devoxx.fr>

--
 Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead
 Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil
* Eclipse Day Krakow: September 13 2012, Krakow, Poland. Werner Keil,
Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Eclipse
STEM, UOMo and Hudson"
* Chip-to-Cloud Security Forum: September 19 2012, Nice, French Riviera.
Werner Keil, JCP Executive Committee, JSR-321 EG Member will present
"Trusted Computing API for Java™"
* Eclipse Day Delft: September 27 2012, Delft, Netherlands. Werner Keil,
Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Triple-E
class Continuous Delivery with Hudson, Maven and Mylyn"
* JavaOne: September 30-October 4 2012, San Francisco, USA. Werner Keil,  JCP
Executive Committee Member will present "Standards for the Future of Java
Embedded", "Eclipse UOMo, STEM, and JSRs e.g. 331 or JCP.next"
* DevoXX: November 13 2012, Antwerp, Belgium. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member
and Agorava Committer, will present "Java Social JSR, it's alive"

330.gif
(image/gif attachment: 330.gif)