users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI positioning

From: <santiago.pericasgeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:26:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Pete,

 Just to be clear, is this your suggestion?

 (i) Deprecate @Context and related classes (like ContextResolver) in
JAX-RS. These have been there since JAX-RS 1.X, likely before CDI was
finalized. Of course, deprecation means that JAX-RS 2.0 implementations
will still need to support them for backward compatibility.

 (ii) Have JAX-RS 2.0 define a small subset of CDI for non-EE
environments. And carefully list the caveats of porting a JAX-RS EE
application into a non-EE environment.

 I'm not sure what you mean by the statement: "and JAX-RS is fully
functional without injection,". JAX-RS actually depends very heavily on
injection. I may be missing some context here.

-- Santiago