users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Project Jigsaw earliest 2015 <= What about modularization in Java EE?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:42:10 +0200

Dear Experts,

This equally affects EE, and you know there are a few hidden redundancies
still left in EE6/7 we'd hope to eliminate as soon as we can. So I'll share
with you the highlight to JSR 308, though it may not have a direct impact
on EE7, crucial EE JSRs like BeanValidation will be affected, if e.g. a set
of default annotations based on 308 get created in a redundant way and
worse are called things like @NonNull as opposed to @NotNull now, just to
confuse people a bit more[?]

Not to mention, some of the BeanValidation annotations are going to be
affected by JSR 310 should that be in time for Java 8 and it got the "All
clear" by Oracle Legal despite different, non-compliant committer
agreements the Spec Lead insisted on there (if it doesn't make it into Java
8, it may only be for legal or licensing reasons there[?])

Regards,

Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmx.net><https://service.gmx.net/de/cgi/g.fcgi/mail/new?CUSTOMERNO=15348725&t=de227903925.1342603333.7fb852ac&to=%26lt%3Bwerner.keil%40gmx.net>