users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Java EE logo

From: Markus Eisele <myfear_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:55:48 +0200

Hi Antonio,

I like the idea but I am not sure if this is a good one to everybody.
There is already some kind of "logo". The compatibility logo
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/overview/compatibility-jsp-136984.html
Introducing an additional one would have the drawback that both needs
to be aligned in order
to have a high recognition value and prevent confusion.

A word towards JSF. The difference here to me is, that Ed sees Mojarra
as a separate product.
So he has every right and an interest to have a separate marketing
approach here. For Java EE there are
the compatible implementations which make up Java EE. Not sure if I
hit the point here clear enough.

What I would support is, that we start using the compatibility logo
without the word "compatible"
as a visual for all official documents, java.net project and so on.
I would highly appreciate if Linda or Bill could provide additional
support from Oracle's marketing/design
team here to find a good/matching logo combination!

Thanks,
Markus