jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Definitive list of pre-defined types valid for resource-env-ref?

From: Kevin Sutter <sutter_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:03:51 -0500

Is there a definitive list of valid pre-defined types for the
resource-env-ref? It looks like Table 2-4 in Common Annotations (JSR 250)
started such a list, but then it left it pretty open-ended at the end:

javax.resource.cci.InteractionSpec
resource-env-ref
javax.transaction.UserTransaction
resource-env-ref
Everything else
resource-env-ref

I realize we need to be flexible with this due to some managed objects
having arbitrary types. But, I'm wondering if we have a spec-defined list
of the pre-defined types that are valid for resource-env-ref? And, if
not, does it make sense to expand on this Table 2-4? Or, maybe document
it somewhere else? Thanks.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Java EE and Java Persistence API (JPA) architect
mail: sutter_at_us.ibm.com, Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
http://openjpa.apache.org/