jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Wish-List for EE 8

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:54:49 +0200

Markus/all,

Thanks for the link. There are indeed a few JSRs that either didn't make it
into EE 7 (like the 2 Cache-related ones) or were never intended for it
from a schedule perspective (though some "widely respected IT magazine
thought otherwise[?]) but should play a vital role under the hood and
between other JSRs for EE 8.

350, 351 (it may not have the answer to all Security questions, but tries
to address some, especially authentication, Single Sign-On, etc.) or the
not yet proposed Configuration API we should here a little more about
between now and JavaOne at the latest.

You may have given up on Logging, did you? Otherwise this while not on
Aajan's wish-list could be worth mentioning, unless it is widely
understood, non-JCP de-facto standards like SLF4J or Log4J have won, and
it's not worth bothering for Java or Java EE?

Cases like OSGi, OAuth, ICU4J or Agorava show, JCP may not always be the
best place to start[?]

Cheers,
Werner

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Markus Eisele <myfear_at_web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after the buzz around the EE 7 release is silencing a bit I just
> wanted to take the opportunity to send around a link I came across
> yesterday:
>
> http://arjan-tijms.blogspot.de/2013/07/java-ee-8-wish-list.html
>
> Arjan compiled a list of things he would love to see in EE 8. Good to
> see some of it already on the list but also some new things like
> spending some time to modernize the security frameworks.
>
> Cheers,
> - Markus

338.gif
(image/gif attachment: 338.gif)