jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: request scope for Web Sockets?

From: Pete Muir <pmuir_at_bleepbleep.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:18:39 +0100

Regardless of what approach is decided on, as CDI spec lead I would prefer that this should be done in WebSockets, not CDI. This follows the precedent that we made with @TransactionScoped - that any additional contexts should be defined in the spec that "own" them, not in CDI. IMO this is a good thing, as the hard part of designing a context is understanding when it is active, and how it propagates, not understanding how to implement it. The experts in technology have a much better understanding of how it should propagate than the CDI EG does. As usual, of course, the CDI EG is happy to help any other group with the details and explain how contexts work.