jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: transactional interceptors vs. EJB

From: Kevin Sutter <sutter_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:46:15 -0500

Hi Bill,
Not sure how or if the EJB discussion on this topic comes back to the Java
EE EG, but I had raised this question to Jeremy (the IBM rep for EJB):

> ..that we should just tell developers to never do this, and add a
special case to make this
illegal.

How will this detection be communicated to the end user?

The conversation on the EJB EG is here:
http://java.net/projects/ejb-spec/lists/jsr345-experts/archive/2013-03/message/58

Maybe you and Marina have regular discussions, so this is not an issue. I
just didn't want to lose track of this discussion. Thanks.

Kevin Sutter, Java EE and Java Persistence API (JPA) architect
mail: sutter_at_us.ibm.com, Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
http://openjpa.apache.org/