jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: JSR 107

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:02:28 +0100

Thanks, I saw on Twitter it's looking for "Feature Leads", but it wasn't
clear in the Google Group, this was probably still "Expert Group Formation"
then.

Guess we can expect an EDR from them till at least August, otherwise same
as I said about 107[?]

Werner

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com
> wrote:

> Hi Werner,
>
> JSR 347 hasn't published an Early Draft yet, so it can't be a candidate
> for EE 7 in any case.
>
> -Linda
>

> On 1/30/2013 12:54 PM, Werner Keil wrote:
>
>> Linda,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the update. Does this have any effect on the somewhat
>> related JSR 347, or was that not considered
>> before the "Cloud" focussed Java EE 8 anyway?
>>
>> Werner
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Linda DeMichiel <
>> linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com <mailto:linda.demichiel@**oracle.com<linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> As some of you may already be aware, the JSR 107 co-spec lead, Brian
>> Oliver, has
>> announced to the group that JSR 107 has unfortunately missed a few of
>> its key
>> delivery dates and will thus be completed too late for inclusion into
>> Java EE 7.
>> (See https://groups.google.com/__**forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/__**
>> jsr107/-4Jwocokpmk<https://groups.google.com/__forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/__jsr107/-4Jwocokpmk>
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/**forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/**
>> jsr107/-4Jwocokpmk<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/jsr107/-4Jwocokpmk>>
>> ).
>>
>> While I know this news will be disappointing to many of you, we
>> expect JSR 107
>> to continue to make good progress and to be a strong candidate for
>> inclusion
>> into Java EE 8.
>>
>> -Linda

329.gif