jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: JSR 236

From: Deepak Anupalli <deepak_at_pramati.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 19:02:14 +0530

This is a good addition to Java EE 7.

We are very pleased to see that the JSR-236 Expert Group has made
> excellent progress and JSR-236 is now in the JCP Public Review phase.
>
> At this point, we expect that JSR-236 will meet our target dates for
> inclusion into Java EE 7. JSR-236 is an obvious candidate for inclusion
> in the full Java EE Platform, and we believe that it should be.
>
> Pleases let us know:
>
> (1) Whether you see any reason that JSR 236 should not be included in
> the full platform?

No.

> (2) Whether you think that JSR 236 should also be included in the Web
> Profile?

Yes this should definitely be added to Web Profile.

Async processing is done in a thread context which assumes a different
environment when run in web or full profile, this could be confusing to a
developer. I understand the developer should be aware of the thread context
he's using, but this is unlike opting out from a specific feature set of
the Java EE platform.

The lack of support forces the developer to re-architect the application,
which otherwise assumes availability of JNDI naming context & classloader
in the thread context in full profile.

> thanks,
>
> -Linda

-Deepak