jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: _at_Priority

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 23:58:56 -0800

Antonio Goncalves wrote on 12/09/2012 05:32 AM:
> BTW Bill, if the Interceptor spec has just a MR that means it will still stay
> bundle with the EJB JSR ? Shouldn't it be better to let it
> evolve separately from EJBs ? (such JPA 2.0 at the time) It's always better
> for adoption to see that a spec is not bundle to another one (it creates
> confusion)
It's already an independent spec. That has nothing to do with using the MR
process to update it.

Normally we think "JSR == Spec", but really it's "JSR == EG". A single EG
created both a new version of the EJB spec and this independent Interceptors
spec. Just like the platform EG created the EE platform spec, the EE Web
Profile spec, and the Managed Beans spec, all independent specs.