jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] _at_Transactional, _at_Schedule, _at_Startup... where are we

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 22:07:08 +0100

Hi all,

I was looking at the latest early draft and checkin a few JIRAs :

* Decoupling the @TransactionAttribute annotation from the EJB component
model : http://java.net/jira/browse/EJB_SPEC-8
* support for container-managed transactions independent of (decoupled
from) EJB : http://java.net/jira/browse/JTA_SPEC-5

and I was wondering where we were in terms of taking out some EJB services
(transactions, startup and schedule) and allow them in Managed Beans. I
don't see any "official" writing and any closed JIRA (maybe I'm mistaken).

Will this be possible ? Will these services evolve in seperate specs ?
Managed Bean spec ? Somewhere else ?

Antonio