jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: [jsr345-experts] Bean Validation aligment in EE 7 (was [jsr345-experts] Bean Validation support for EJBs?)

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:50:09 -0700

JAX-WS is *not* being replaced by JAX-RS. We have no current plans to prune JAX-WS.

That said, we're not planning big updates to JAX-WS, mostly because we're busy
doing other things and resources are finite. Having JAX-WS endpoints be CDI
managed beans, with all the associated advantages, is definitely worth
considering at some point.