jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:53:15 +0200

That is a valid point, at least regarding Batch for sure.

There may be very few use cases, mostly large systems like Banks where this
is likelly to be used on a regular basis. Others, especially Full Java EE
stack solutions probably used async processes like EE6 offers them in the
meantime to handle similar requirements. So unless Batch would fit in there
seamlessly, I would not necessarily consider it a mandatory part either.

The absence of true Modularity in the Java VM and Platform does not mean,
some of these JSRs cannot be installed on demand only. If necessary there
could be need for one or two additional profiles, or keep them optional in
the Full EE Profile.

Werner