jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:25:41 +0200

That's a good point. A caveat, though BV 1.1 is actually scheduled for EE 7
AFAIK, that EE 8 on top of SE 8 will get further work based on Type
Annotation style validation (Checkers) alongside JSR 308.

Where benefits from existing and 1.1 BV arises, it seems like part of that
simplification and harmonization, EE 7 has on its agenda, but there will be
more, and either a BV 1.2 or 2.0 is most likely to result from the changes
coming with Java 8.

--
Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead
Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil
* Eclipse Day Krakow: September 13 2012, Krakow, Poland. Werner Keil,
Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Eclipse
STEM, UOMo and Hudson"
* Chip-to-Cloud Security Forum: September 19 2012, Nice, French Riviera.
Werner Keil, JCP Executive Committee, JSR-321 EG Member will present
"Trusted Computing API for Java™"
* Eclipse Day Delft: September 27 2012, Delft, Netherlands. Werner Keil,
Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Triple-E
class Continuous Delivery with Hudson, Maven and Mylyn"
* JavaOne: September 30-October 4 2012, San Francisco, USA. Werner Keil,  JCP
Executive Committee Member will present "Standards for the Future of Java
Embedded", "Eclipse UOMo, STEM, and JSRs e.g. 331 or JCP.next"