jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Java EE / EJB Interop support

From: Jim Knutson <knutson_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:24:59 -0500

Unfortunately, Lotus Notes defaults to 10 pt type. I'll try to
remember to make it 12 pt. from now own. Let me know if this doesn't
help.

Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com> wrote on 07/20/2012 07:54:41 AM:
> Interesting thoughts. Although Mark tried to mitigate damage done by
> the Jigsaw delay a bit, a lot of the finer grained Modularity in EE
> is likely to be delayed until EE can actually use Java 9+ Modularity.
>
> Whether that'll be EE8 or 9, let's see, usual naming scheme leans
> towards the latter.

Modularity will help, but I don't think the options of the spec need
to depend on modularity being present.

> For those profiles that already exist or may be created without JMS,
> why not consider making MDBs optional, but for any scenario where
> Messaging like MQ Server or other JMS solutions need to be consumed,
> I strongly suggest keeping MDBs in there.

I didn't intend for MDBs to not be present for a full EE profile.
What I'm looking for is a way to provide incremental features for
applications that are only slightly more complex than web profile
supports. Adding processing of inbound JMS messages is one example,
but you can't add that without all the rest of the EJB baggage.

Thanks,
Jim Knutson
WebSphere Java EE Architect