jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Project Jigsaw earliest 2015 <= What about modularization in Java EE?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:34:22 +0200

Mark reached out to EC with an idea of a kind of "Profiles" in SE8 instead.
Given let's say the built in JavaFX is of little value inside most servers,
not to mention limited recources in a Cloud instance, I dropped a few
thoughts like a "Headless" profile for some situations, allowing with the
right parts also Embedded or other UI frameworks like SWT, etc.
On EE side, there could be extensions to that, while most would rely on at
least Servlets, though some parts like CDI tend to be used with little or
no EE parts around it, too sonetimes;-)

Let's see, what other EC members say, many probably have to go through
their Legal, R&D and plenty of other departments before a qualified
response is heard:-D

Werner